Friday, December 14, 2007

Stollen

Here is one of my newest past-times. Sometimes I cook or bake something that turns out so great I even amaze myself!! I decided I needed to keep a record of those items and what better way than to scrapbook them!!

This is a loaf of Stollen that I made as a test a couple of days ago. I found the recipe on the internet and then changed it to suit me. The original called for candied fruit which I don't like so I changed that to dried fruit. It also called for a glaze, I like the powdered sugar better.

I like this bread. It's dense but not too much so and it doesn't crumb all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. OK..now you are making me hungry! :) The Stollen looks absolutely delicious...i bet it tasted great! Care to share the recipe :D teehee

    ReplyDelete