Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Card Envelopes

If I don't have to mail a card I like to jazz up the envelope a bit. Here is the envelope I made for my sons birthday card.

I used the Stampin' Up! 5 in 1 envelope template and some blue paisley paper.

After cutting out the envelope and gluing the flaps, I sponged all of the edges, front and back, in brown ink.

I saved the cardboard outlines from my on-board simon alphabet and traced a "j" from a contrasting scrap of paper. I used pop dots to attached that to the envelope.

I punched three different tags, making sure none were too "girl-y" and tied gold cord to each one.

I wrapped brown grosgrain ribbon around the envelope and attached the tags to the ribbon as well as gluing them down.

This really took almost no time at all. It would make a great stamp camp item with a matching card to go inside!

Here is a close up of the details. Just click on the picture to get a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment