Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pie Dough

I think I'm going to make Thursday's my recipe day. As much as I'd like to I can't spend all my time stamping!!

With the holidays coming up everyone needs pie!! Here's a no-fail pie dough recipe. You don't have to worry about handling this dough too much (within reason). It's easy to make, turns out a great flaky crust and it freezes, so you can make the dough now, and make your pie later!!

1 3/4 cup Shortening (the cheap kind works great)
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar

Cut together shortening, flour and salt. Mix the other ingredients together then mix into the flour mixture. Divide your dough (this should make 4 one shell pies or 2 with a top crust). Roll out on a floured board or freeze for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment