Monday, December 15, 2008

Gift Card Holder

This is a gift card hold I made for my mom. I used the "merry" set from Stampin Up! and my Cricut to cut the scalloped oval.

The snow flakes are stickers that I found at Michaels.

I used a basic matchbook template, cutting it 8 1/2 X 4 inches. For the pouches inside I made them 8 X 4 and then folded them in half. I punched a half circle in the front of each to make it easier to get the gift card out.

After I decided which "pouch" I wanted in front, middle, and back, I trimmed the first pouch by 1/2", the second pouch by 1/4" and left the third pouch the original height.

Then I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to glue the edges of each pouch down and decorated the front of each pouch.

I put the pouches in the book so they fit all the way to the bottom and used my crop-a-dile to punch holes for the gold cord.

I did not glue the bottom portion of the scallop down as I wanted it to lay over the front of the matchbook.


1 comment: